Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Vision for the Project

Instead of the journals traveling around the world, from hand to hand, as they do in The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project, the vision for this project is slightly different.

I will mail and/or leave the physical journals to specific locations – coffee bars, bookstores, historical sites, etc. – throughout the world. I will also provide postcards or bookmarks or some such small card-like item that interested people can take away with them when they visit the place.

The location will provide the home for the journal. People who visit the location can write in the journal if they wish, and take a card with this website and the addresses, so they can visit the site, send me an excerpt of an entry for posting, and keep track of what’s going on.

Websites for locations will be listed in the sidebar here. I also want to do short features on each site. I would love it if visitors submit anecdotes of their visit.

As a journal is filled, it will return to me. The site then has the option to receive another journal to keep on with the project, or to be done with it.

What I hope is that, eventually, as people plan trips, they will visit the site and see if any of the Place and Space locations are included in their itinerary. I would love it if some of the same people wrote in multiple journals in multiple locations.

If you are a site or know of a site you think would be good for this project, please contact me here.

D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home